Security/Registration & Privacy
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Wantodance.ca takes appropriate precautions to protect our users' information.
1. Sharing Your Content and Information
For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with wanttodance.ca ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your registration (except to the extent your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it).
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer.
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about wanttodance.ca but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep wanttodance.ca safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help in order to do that, which includes the following commitments:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications to users (such as spam).
- You will not collect users' information, or otherwise access wanttodance.ca, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third party application containing, or advertise or otherwise market alcohol-related or other mature content without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use wanttodance.ca to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
3. Registration and Account Security
Wanttodance.ca users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on wanttodance.ca, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not use wanttodance.ca if you are under 13.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
4. Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on wanttodance.ca that infringes someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content you post on wanttodance.ca if we believe that it violates this Statement.
Content on www.wantodance.ca (including, without limitation, format/layout, design elements, advertisements, all text of any kind, photographs, graphics, video and audio content, all such content sometimes collectively referred to herein as “Content”) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the Canada and other countries (including treaties, conventions and the like between and among countries). All individual articles, photo essays, cartoons, videos, audio files, blogs, and other similar elements comprising the Site are also copyrighted works. You must abide by this and all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained on the Site.
Except for Content you have posted on the Site, or unless expressly permitted in a writing signed by the rights holder thereof, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works of, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of this Site, except that you may download material from this Site for your own personal use as follows: you may make one machine-readable copy and/or one print copy that is limited to occasional articles of personal interest only. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not distribute any part of this Site over any network, nor sell or offer it for sale. See our Rights and Permissions section on the Site for more information on distribution of copyrighted Content.
We Are Not Responsible For User-Generated Content.
You understand that comments, user messages and blogs are not moderated, and we do not monitor the Content posted on the Site. Accordingly, we are not responsible for any such Content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, without further consent, to: (a) remove, edit or otherwise alter Content that we, in our sole discretion, deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever, and (b)prohibit any registered user from further use of the Site should we, in our sole discretion, so choose.
You acknowledge and agree that you use and/or rely on any information on the Site at your own risk. www.wanttodance.ca and Canada’s National Ballet School does not endorse the dance studios/schools in the registry, content of the comments, blogs, articles or discussion forums and cannot and will not vouch for their reliability. Further, the opinions expressed by any Content Creator are those of the Content Creator and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of www.wantodance.ca
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections
Wanttodance.ca is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of its members, employees, customers and other stakeholders. We value the trust of those we deal with, and of the public, and we recognize that maintaining this trust requires that we be transparent and accountable in how we treat the information you chose to share with us.
During the course of our various activities, we frequently gather and use personal information. Anyone from whom we collect such information should expect that it will be carefully protected and that any use of, or other dealing, with this information is subject to consent. Wanttodance.ca privacy practices are designed to achieve this.
Personal information gathered by wanttodance.ca is kept in confidence. WTD staff are authorized to access personal information based only on their need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which it was obtained. Safeguards are in place to ensure that the information is not disclosed or shared more widely than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was gathered. WTD also takes measures to ensure the integrity of this information is maintained and to prevent its being lost or destroyed.
Wanttodance.ca does not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists.
Wanttodance.ca offers individuals we deal with the opportunity to opt not to have their information shared for purposes beyond those for which it was explicitly collected.
Website and Electronic Commerce
Wanttodance.ca uses password protocols and encryption software to protect personal and other information when a product or service is requested and/or paid for online. Our software is routinely updated to maximize protection of such information.
Wanttodance.ca regularly reviews our privacy practices for our various activities in order to update our policy. Please check this website on an on-going basis for information and the most up-to-date practices.
Arlen Bartsch, Privacy Officer
Further information on privacy and your rights in regard to your personal information may be found on the website of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.privcom.gc.ca